Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Deadline: 26 Feb 2019 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Course starts 2019
Any of the participating Australian Institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards are also available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East.SEE ALSO: Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships
The scholarship benefits generally include:
Full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits on this website below.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 15 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on this website above) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) and not be current serving military personnel
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- not be applying for another long‐term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
NOTE* Applications will not be accepted by email or post.SEE ALSO: Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Apply Online for the Australia Awards Scholarships and begin your studies in early 2019
- Complete your application form for admission before the appropriate deadlines.
Apply Below: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx